Zach and I are spending the day in Charlottesville with doglet. We did a lot of walking today- and Zach claimed that I was unnecessarily holding my belly while I walked like it needed to be supported. I noticed I was doing this last week, I think I just like to feel the belly. It was also a little crampy today, which from reading may be from the ligaments stretching out.
For a Friday it was definitely a quiet day on campus, not too many people were out and about and buildings looked to have limited hours. Students generally appeared to be acting responsibly wearing masks etc, at least on campus. Who knows about weekend nights nights though.
We've been back to UVA since graduating but I hadn't walked around this thoroughly since then. We walked by an old dining hall (newcomb) we used to go to a lot, which has undergone a big renovation including a Starbucks, and took the back route from there over to my first year dorms which I still remembered. They've added tennis courts behind the dorms and renovated the small sandwich shop there which was pretty old school before, and now has that modern clean design look. I've also heard that they renovated the interiors of those dorms (they have AC now 😯) but didn't see that. Because of covid they've set up a bunch of those large wedding tents so people can study/hangout outside. Other renovations include Alderman library ( I hope they don't get rid of the creepy basement stacks and microfiche), sand volleyball courts, and completion of the cabel hall extension across JPA. All in all, UVA has monnnney. UDC was so bare bones compared to UVA.
Zach and I also hung out on the lawn for a while, probably longer than we ever did while we were actually students there. The weather was so nice out and we were tired from driving/Zach probably stayed up half the night on Twitter reading about Trump having covid/I had a long work week wrapping up the design of this damn zig zag window frame, that we actually fell asleep on the lawn for a while.
I meant to take a preggers pic in front of the rotunda but I was so distracted by the calisthenics that I forgot.
When we got back to the room I was surprisingly tired. But all in all a solid fall day.



No comments:
Post a Comment