WELCOME TO THE SECOND HALF OF PREGNANCY
After the anatomy scan, Little Chunks made a big show of moving around so I could feel it for the first time. Here's the bump this week:
We started talking to doulas and attending 'meet the doula' sessions to get a sense of what's out there. There are a lot of different companies with a lot of different set ups- we have a few recs but one of them was for a group that doesn't assign your doula until you go into labor, and while all the doulas seem great, we also won't know who our midwife will be, so it would be nice to at least have one less unknown there in the room.
My company has this new service I've been using called Maven, which is basically a maternal support program that you can access through an app. I have a care team assigned to me, including a doula, and I can set up appointments with them to video chat over the phone. We attended a 2 hour birth 101 session a few weeks ago with one of their doulas and were very impressed. I wish this woman could just be my doula, but she lives in the Philadelphia area. I did talk to her a few weeks ago and she gave me some tips on selecting a doula, which all seemed pretty boilerplate but she did say that I should observe physical characteristics as well and if my doula would be a good physical match for me. This is the first time I have ever been given the OK to judge someone based on their physical appearance, and am wondering what qualities I should analyze- head shape? waist girth? flat footed or not? Will need to get my list together.

No comments:
Post a Comment