Saturday, October 3, 2020

Halfway bump- week 20


 I am finally at the halfway point! Hard to believe. We will find out the gender next Friday 😬



Starting to get a nice round little pumpkin in there.

I read a little bit of a natural birth book last night by 'the mother of midwifery' and felt good about it. It seems like when I tell people I will use a midwife I get negative reactions, which is weird. For one, we did natural birth for millions of years, and two, no one cares if someone is getting an epidural. Why has that become the only way? I seem to get responses like "what are you trying to prove" and "don't be too hard on yourself, it's going to hurt." 

I mainly just want to be able to actively move around during the pregnancy, and be able to feel what's going on so my body can tell me what I need to do. I want to feel in control of the situation with the support of others around me. For me, it seems like a healthier way to do it. How is that so bad! 

Obviously I need to be prepared that things will go differently and adjust as needed. I can't imagine all the women who gave birth when covid was declared a pandemic and all their best laid birth plans flew out the window. 

I learned from my Grandpa last week that my Grandma naturally gave birth to my dad as a breech baby. She was teeny tiny and it may be why she only had one 😅 I've heard they don't even deliver breech babies naturally anymore. I was also a breech and my mom had an unplanned c section as a result. I don't like to hear this history of breech babies in the family- this baby better cooperate and assume the vertical position.

This banana sized baby is getting real! Halfway party today. Onwards to wintergreen to see Zach's cousin who gave birth to a single and then twins 😯 and then to west Virginia to see my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

observations from week 1

Well, birth was insane. But for now I want to jot down a few things from his first week: - Right now we can't really tell who Asa looks ...