Last week (maybe?) of preggers life. The nursery is pretty bare bones after cleaning it out but it is functional. We repainted but aren't set on the color, we might repaint again... I have my work desk in here now that we set up the bassinet in our bedroom and there's no room in there anymore. I don't like having my work desk in here but there's no where else to put it. It is cord mania at the desk with my two large monitors and it is increasingly hard for me to manage it because I can no longer comfortably bend over my belly- when I do I feel liked am crushing chunks' foot. I have to get in a squat position and grope around while I try to crane my neck over my belly without leaning forward.
Wanted to compare week 39 to week 13:
Week 13:
WOW. I've gained about 30-35 pounds. When I first looked back at the week 13 picture I was kind of shocked, I was very tiny. Will I ever look like this again? I don't know, I don't mind a little extra weight actually but maybe I've just gotten used to it.
I am kind of anticipating that this baby is going to be late. Zach and I are always late, so why would our baby be on time? My co-worker said it will just be genetics if he comes late :)
After trying on like 6 labor gowns, I finally found one that I like. I think I may have tried on more labor dresses than wedding dresses...since I want to move around during labor, I really wanted to make sure that I was wearing something that would be comfortable. All of the ones I ordered so far up until today were either way too large or they fit well but were kind of short etc. and felt too cute. The one I got today fits well so I don't feel like I'm drowning in it but if I roll over a birth ball or something I don't feel like I'm exposing myself. This is labor performance wear 😎 and it's really the only piece of clothing I have bought for myself during pregnancy. Everything else has been acquired elsewhere. The one time I did try to buy myself a nice sweater they ended up sending me 2 so I returned one and got the one I still had for free :) If there's a pregnancy #2 I imagine that I will have to actually go shopping for it since I my not have the luxury to work in my pajamas all day. I've heard co-workers say that they have to put on "work clothes" sometimes to get motivated to work, which I don't get at all. Even if I wasn't preggers, I would 100% still be wearing pajamas all day every day until I had to turn my video on.
I have been pregnant for almost all of covid, which has been nice because its been a good distraction and something to focus on during these dull months, especially the winter. I can't complain about not having to commute over to Arlington right now. Now that baby is almost here though, I am especially ready for covid to be over. I am excited to have some extra time to spend with Smokey and I want to share the love and excitement in a more normal manner, but alas.
My parents made it up to West VA to get their first course of the covid vaccine in epic fashion. I think they should share their vaccination story with a journalist...
My prenatal workout session ended last Saturday since I didn't know how I was going to be feeling going into week 39 and whether I was going to want to keep doing it or not. It's Tuesday now and I am missing the Tuesday night class. The instructors were fun and everyone would keep their videos on during the workout so there was always good mama energy. I'm definitely feeling more large and awkward by the day but that doesn't mean I can't shuffle my feet a little bit...
They say you aren't supposed to do this but I watched some additional live births on youtube. One of them was in a forest by a creek with some hippies or something and was VERY GRAPHIC. This video had 98 million views and comments were disabled. I'm very glad that I did not watch this video, or other things I've seen/watched in the beginning of the pregnancy because it's a little shocking but now that I'm near the end I feel like it's good to know what I'm getting myself into. I think I've done a good job with easing into the info I need and not getting too much at once. So now that I feel I've seen the big kahuna, I'm just going to twiddle my thumbs until this thing happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment