DOGLET IS FINALLY THE SIZE OF A *SMALL* PUMPKIN.
I have been waiting for this the entire pregnancy. So stoked to have a little pumpkin in my belly.
We made much progress on the kitchen/brick and are bringing it to a close. Last thing needed is to add the shelving in the pantry nook and it is DONE.
Because they were also painting the window trim, including in our bedroom, I had to spend part of the day literally working on our toilet. Luckily we have this tiny little wood chair in our room that was the perfect size for the space although a little small for pregs. I did not turn on video for any calls/meetings I had that day...
They also did a bunch of other stuff while here like getting rid of another weird archway, patching drywall in the soon to be nursery and elsewhere, painting, creating a door for our water closet so in the event of a water emergency we don't have to get out the toolbox to UNSCREW the panel from the wall, etc. etc. Would I do this again so close to my due date? No no.
Here's the final look going into our kitchen while still a bit messy. Well I guess I'll go back to my normal size soon but now I can fit through this entryway with ease so problem solved there 🤣
I am now starting to see the midwife every week since I'm nearing the end. Everything is looking good and I have very few questions at this point- just mentally preparing myself for the birth and having a baby in our small but more awesome house now. They did want me to touch base with an anesthesiologist in case my back issues proves problematic during the birth- an epidural may need to be placed in a different location than normal, or they may need to try different spots. Zero desire for any of this to occur. Throughout the pregnancy my back hasn't been giving me much more problems than it normally does so I feel optimistic about it being fine, but it was good to get info from the anesthesiologist now just in case.
I've been holding off on doing too much information overload on birth but I have been reading Ina May's hippy dippy "Guide to Childbirth" more in depth recently (props to Olivia on that one) and it has been making me feel very confident about going the midwife route and that it's going to be a good experience. However, I will say that I don't want to create too many expectations for the birth. I went on a walk with a neighbor last week who recently had her second child at home, and compared to her first one it sounded like it was painful and unenjoyable, but it was kind of helpful for me to learn from her experience. First, she said she didn't "surrender" to the birth and was trying to do things around the house in between contractions, and at one point she actually got freaked out about bringing a baby into the world as it currently is. So she wasn't in the right head space, and the book I'm reading talks a lot about your mindset during birth, and how different things can make labor regress. The other thing, which I kind of read between the lines, is I think she had very high expectations for this super empowering birth experience. I mentioned that I had watched some youtube videos of unmedicated births (the main thing was that it was useful for me to watch people during labor and how different people react to it) and she said that she refused to watch those videos because they were romanticized. I didn't quite get that sense from the videos (one woman literally passed out during it because she got so tired and had to get moved to a hospital bed) but I do generally know where she's coming from because I'm sure there's a bunch of "instagramesque" birth depictions you can find online. Then she started talking about warriors in battle and that's when I realized that she had put a lot on this birth to go and feel much differently than it did, which I feel bad about. If I had to guess, I'm probably going to have to zen out for the majority of the birth and go into "warrior mode" sparingly. I've already told Zach that if I get quiet he shouldn't assume that he's not needed it's just that I'm in the zone or something. But who knows, regardless, I am excited to experience birthhhh
I keep looking around the house and imagining a baby there now, like he's using his playmat, or Zach and I hanging out on the couch together with our baby 😍 It makes me so excited. It's still a little unbelievable and surreal though. Going through 3 seasons with Doglet marinating in my belly makes it feel like he has been in there forever. But it's going to be so much fun to go through this new stage in life with Zach since we always find a way to have a good time when we're together.
Lastly I give you my post-swim look, which is when I come home from the pool and am not quite ready to take a shower, but I don't feel like totally getting out of my bathing suit so I just leave on the bikini top and put on my pajama pants. I guess I was walking around like this on the phone and Zach thought I looked like a hobo with my belly hanging out and army green cap on. This is my true self ok. That black fleece doesn't fit too well anymore.




No comments:
Post a Comment