It feels like it hasn't really snowed in years but it's been snowing lightly all day, so tried to do a quick bump with the snow before our neighbor webby or someone walked by:
I've noticed that I engaged my core a lot to hold up the bump (probably a good thing with my back issue) so I also tried to do a pic totally relaxing it. It's a pretty big difference:
I'm not really sure if chunks has "dropped" or not yet. I think not because he seems to still be sitting pretty high. I started feeling pretty uncomfortable earlier this week, like really really preggers. I slept poorly a few nights because of really bad heartburn while sleeping. I think I was sleeping on my back a little bit for the duration of my pregnancy and I definitely can't do that anymore, it's side or bust. One night it was so bad I went to the couch and kind of propped myself up so I wouldn't be laying horizontally. I've also been getting pretty short but intense cramps that I'm assuming are Braxton Hicks contractions. They aren't too comfortableeee
Zach has really cracked me up sleeping the past few nights. I'm not sure if he is causing me to stir a bit occasionally but I woke up searching for my sleep mask because it had fallen off (we've been using them because after getting the windows replaced we still need to have the trim painted and don't want to put up new blackout shades until we do that), and almost immediately Zach whispered, "Are you looking for this?" and handed me my mask. It had to have been like 3am, very bizarre- I was taken aback. And then another night the pillow I use between my legs must have fallen out, and again I stirred to search for it and Zach was at the ready again and handed me my pillow. I'd like to think that he is attending to my every need right now... but most likely he's coming in late and waking me up.
Last week at work verged on being way too much, I have this little renovation project I'm doing due on Tuesday, and if things don't ease up at that point I will talk to my boss. Working 40s is fine but I can't do the overtime right now. Friday was the worst because I was just ready to relax and I was getting all these chats/calls about a million things and felt like I was doing 1 things at once. I had booked a 6pm swim for that night for Zach and I, and I was REALLY looking forward to it after the long week. However, I had worked right up until we left and we ended up going to the wrong pool because I didn't have time to check, so we missed the swim. I will admit that after leaving the pool, I started crying. I was so frustrated that work is so busy right now and that it's so hard to get swim reservations (they literally get scooped in minutes of the slots opening up) so I had to book one at a different pool, and wasn't able to get another reservation until the following Wednesday. But there was nothing I could do, so we returned home and I went back to work until about 9pm. At which point I called it quits and went downstairs and had a DANCE PARTY. Zach was present for the dance party but he must have been tired because he did not participate much.
"I Just Want to Fly" by Sugar Ray always puts me in a good mood so I started us off with that for a 90s dance party. That music video is terrible by the way, I had never seen it before. Dancing to "Country Grammar" by Nelly proved challenging and Missy Elliott was even harder. Eventually I got worn out and we watched some videos of people being songified by the Gregory Brothers. Chunks was swirling around in my belly after the dancing, he must have been feeling the tunes. I think this little baby is going to like foot rubs when he comes out- since his foot is always pressed on my abdomen I always give it (and my belly) a little massage.
Contractors continued work on our house this weekend, we might actually get this done in time thanks to Zach really stepping up to help get this thing closed out. Closing everything else out this week might get delayed by the snow though. It was actually great having them here Saturday because it forced us to hide away in the disaster of a second bedroom (they'll be repainting it a light yellow soon for it to transform into the nursery) and clean it up and out. Usually I'm itching to go see what the contractors are up to but I had no desire on Saturday, I wanted to get this closed out. We kept our masks on the whole time and windows open but they didn't come upstairs at all. It looks so much better now. Again, a miracle that our house might be semi-decent when chunks arrives.
We're making a small little pantry next to the brick where there is a cavity, since space is at such a premium in this house. This has been a really tricky part of the project with the details- there's wire going through back there that needed rerouting, there's the old wood lathe that we didn't know if we wanted to remove or not, how to deal with the unfinished floor there, the existing wall that doesn't line up with it, etc. etc. Possibly more of a headache than this amount of space is worth but I am proud that we have arrived at a solution and are just going for it. Also because of not being able to closely watch contractors I realized that our masonry guys did not seal the brick after repointing, which seems like a basic end result of repointing even though it wasn't specifically spelled out in the contract, and I didn't want to breathe the sealant so Zach did that on his own 👍 He had some experience from the brick I tuckpointed the mortar on myself, and we also had some leftover sealant from that. Glad he showed interest in helping out that time so this time I could not be present. Glad we just did that in general, it would have felt like a much bigger deal having to seal it if we hadn't.





No comments:
Post a Comment