This week Trump incited a riot at the Capitol and we had yet another 6pm curfew. I watched coverage in the background while I was working- I must have turned it on right before they breached the doors because it seemed like everything happened so quickly. I think that was one of the craziest things I have ever seen in my life and it's incredible how few injuries and deaths there were. Little chunks has been has been through some pretty turbulent times in utero, I'm hoping that life can resume to some semblance of normalcy when Chunks comes into this world.

My pool reservation was cancelled the night of the riot but I had another one booked for the day after next. There's a woman who I've been seeing at the pool for years who I generally avoid because she is incredibly annoying. She's always badgering the guards about something or other or trying to have loud conversations with other swimmers. Unfortunately, our swim clocks always seem to be aligned, I think we're both night owl swimmers. She's made a few innocuous comments about my pregnancy but I knew at some point she was going to take it up a notch. So last week she asked me when I was due and then seemed shocked that it wasn't like the following week. She proceeded to ask me if I felt like I was about to burst and then asked if it was a big baby. Okay, all I can do is LOL because she's an idiot but clearly she thinks I'm ginormous. I guess this is my punishment for letting everything hang out in a bikini at the pool. For the record, I actually did tell her I felt like I was about to burst because it's kind of true.
The belly is getting harder to work around. While we were out one day, my shoe came untied and I really didn't want to get down there to retie it, so I just asked Zach to do it. I don't seem to have any issues with packing on the pounds but throughout the entire pregnancy I've mostly been way less ravenous than I thought I would be. Recently, I've been surprised at times when I've barely been hungry when I normally would have been, although I think I have been spreading my meals out more and eating snacks in between. But I am still always worried about eating enough vegetables, so I've continued my regimen of eating an entire carrot per day or whatever else I can get my hands on. I took down a whole bell pepper a few days ago and plan to do it again soon because we have another one in our fridge 👌 Ice cream is never an issue but I have very little desire for fried or super rich foods at the moment. I think I forgot to write about it but we had some very buttery and tasty egg sandwiches for takeout the day after New Years and I threw up from it, it was weird. Barfing is so 5 months ago.
Chunks is really on the move these days. For me the belly is big but for him it's cramped in there, hope he's doing okay in there...
No comments:
Post a Comment