Tuesday, January 5, 2021

new year old bump- week 33

 it's 2021 now, the year of smokey's birth πŸ˜€



Covid is still raging but the end is in sight with the approval of 2 vaccines. I got an email today from GW stating that the design of the vaccine is such that they don't have any reason to believe that it will negatively affect pregnant and breastfeeding women, even though they weren't included in clinical trials. This seems to be the general consensus. I doubt I will have access to the vaccine prior to birth but will get it as soon as I can afterwards. Zach will hopefully get a vaccine prior to the birth due to being an essential employee but a date hasn't been set yet. Covid in the winter has been a drag the past few weeks. Now is the time to connect with other pregnant women and it's very hard to do so right now, or really connect with anyone in general. I am in a whatsapp group for moms of Fall/Winter babies on Capitol Hill and there's a lot of chatter on there so it's good to skim through that. Also being at the tail end of winter I get to benefit from hearing how they're managing things. From that group, Zach and I will actually talk to a couple tomorrow night on Zoom who recently did a bris for their December baby to see how they did that. I'm kind of interested in just doing the circumcision at the hospital with covid but we'll see what they have to say to make an informed decision. 

I also hate winter right now because I just want to show off the bump. I would love to be lounging at the outdoor pool right now. I guess people say it's uncomfortable to be heavily pregnant in the summer but I'd take that over having to bend over my massive belly to get my boots on and what not to get outside. It was super nice out on Saturday though so we did get a bike ride in down to Navy Yard and enjoyed an awesome sunset.




We had our 32 week appointment this week and all is looking good. I've gained almost 30 pounds, fundal height is looking good, still sleeping like a champ.  I'm starting to wonder if after pregnancy to maintain this kind of amazing sleep, I need to wear myself out more- I think getting regular exercise on top of the pregnancy and working a pretty long day is just wiping me out. Maybe baby will help with that though... I was biking 20 miles a day pre-pregnancy for my commute and occasionally using the gym at work or swimming on those days as well, so I don't know if I can do much more than that, besides just going outside and running at like breakneck speed until I'm tuckered LOL. 

The midwife we had this week was fun. A few of them have been kind of a drag so it was nice to get someone with some more energy this week. Zach asked her when things were going to get hard for me, which was amusing. You're looking at hard times now, bub, I'm dragging around a 30 lb belly. 

I won't have any additional ultrasounds unless there's a good reason to but the midwife felt my belly and believes that the baby is in a sideways head down position, with his head on my left, his rumpus pressing up against my belly and his feet on my right side. I feel this little chunker's foot on my right side ALL THE TIME the last few days. Like I can literally feel the outline of his foot right below my rib with my hand, and I can feel him pushing on my right side with his foot and moving it around like he's stretching out. I also can feel him kicking up under my rib which is annoying 😠 But I love feeling his little foot and can't wait until I can actually touch it, it's pretty amazing there is a baby inside mah belly, so exciting....

No comments:

Post a Comment

observations from week 1

Well, birth was insane. But for now I want to jot down a few things from his first week: - Right now we can't really tell who Asa looks ...