On Saturday I had my first (maybe second) Braxton Hicks contraction. We were in the car on our way to see Harry home from Somaliland when all of a sudden I felt extreme cramping in my belly. This was kind of alarming, but the hot flash that followed it was even more so, I had never had a hot flash before. It was in the 30s outside but I had to roll the window down to get some cool air. It seemed to last for several minutes and I was thinking it was possible I might have to go lay down, although I had heard that typically for Braxton Hicks contractions if you change positions it will go away, unlike real contractions. We had just come from a long walk with Irina and Sam, and I've heard that activity can cause these contractions to happen, although I haven't had any resulting from exercise otherwise. The 'mental sensation' of the Braxton Hicks contraction was very strange, I felt super focused on my body and my head felt clear and light but also very alert. Is this what labor feels like? I don't know. Was not the most comfortable sension but I would actually like to have a few more because it did seem like good practice for the real deal. I hope it doesn't happen while I'm on a work call or something though, but I think I would get a pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
observations from week 1
Well, birth was insane. But for now I want to jot down a few things from his first week: - Right now we can't really tell who Asa looks ...
-
Now that I'm solidly in my 2nd trimester I definitely notice a difference in my energy level than my 1st trimester. I'm not falling...
-
Since we're in the process of clearing out some stuff from our house, I started checking the Moms (and dads) Of The Hill (MOTH) group t...
-
I've been seeing a physical therapist for my back issue, mainly doing telehealth. But on Thursday I had an in-person visit booked and i...
No comments:
Post a Comment