Monday, December 14, 2020

smokey's got the wiggles

 Before getting pregnant, I had always heard about the baby "kicking" and thought that meant that it literally felt like the baby was kicking around your body. It sounded very violent and unpleasant, and like I was going to get the wind knocked out of me. I am here to report that at least so far, it does not feel like that. 

In the beginning, it mainly felt like little wiggles. Gradually, the stronger wiggles felt more like squirming, and as of this week, it has started feeling a bit more like pushing. This weekend Zach and I were in the car talking when suddenly I felt a movement so strong that I stopped mid-sentence out of surprise. It felt like the baby was trying to escape my body through my right rib cage. Smokey loves my right rib cage, he's always tickling me up under there. I have no idea why but I feel so much more movement on my right side than my left- I don't know if what I'm feeling on my right side is his hands or his feet. 

I woke up before my alarm this morning and didn't fall back asleep because Smokey was moving a lot. I'm not sure if he woke me up or if I kind of naturally stirred and would have normally fallen back asleep except his movement kept me from doing so.

It's really fun now that he's moving around everywhere. I still feel like I'm in a sci-fi movie and there is an alien in my belly though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

observations from week 1

Well, birth was insane. But for now I want to jot down a few things from his first week: - Right now we can't really tell who Asa looks ...