Alright it's official, Gail, my Mom and co know how to throw an excellent party. Thoroughly, thoroughly, enjoyed our baby shower. The decorations were spiffy, it was a gorgeous October day, and it was actually nice to do just a small thing with family. Because of covid we haven't gotten to do a lot of timeouts to celebrate baby kind of stuff so this was much needed. I don't know how many timeouts I need but definitely more than covid allows for, haha. Plus with work and everything, even though we're at home, it's still really busy preparing for the baby and this gave me a minute to just relax and enjoy what's happening.
This picture says it all- BABY
In case you couldn't tell, the party is for THE BABY
The baby's breath had sparkles in it. I don't do "insta" but this is insta worthy.
Here is the fammm (minus Becca, who's at school :( ). Most of the party consisted of brainstorming/arguing about the baby's name. I believe this occurred prior to even revealing the gender, which doesn't really make any sense. My dad likens himself a baby namer, and has a long list of baby names to choose from, including surprisingly hip names, names that he has concocted himself (like Scottlyn), weird names (Smokey), old fashioned British names, and Pittsburgh Pirates players from the 70s. You've really got your pick from his list. However, I think Greg may have won the name game for that day- after seeing the ultrasound that revealed that the baby is a boy, he started calling him Goliath 😂

I messed up a little that day. I wanted to wear a flowy dress, knowing with the cold weather coming I wouldn't be able to wear them much longer, and my long blue dress is my favorite. However, I did not consider that this color may indicate the gender of the baby. I think it was one of the first questions I got- was whether the blue dress meant that I was having a boy. I still tried to be coy regardless, although I knew I had made a grave error. At least Mallory still thought it was a girl. Here is me answering that question:

In hindsight I realize now that I still wasn't rocking too much of a bump yet, but I was feeling like a pregnant goddess regardless:
After eating (I gorged that day for sure), we did the gender reveal. I saw this game on Pinterest or something and watched a Youtube video of it and it looked fun, plus it looked like we could reuse it to do a few reveals with different sets of people and keep things socially distanced. The idea of the game is that one of the balloons has something inside it that reveals the gender. I also decided to put a "red herring" in one balloon that doesn't actually reveal the gender, but when you pop it and see something come out, you might think you are about to learn the truth, muhaha
My dad sat in front of the game board like he was a kid in front of the tree on Christmas morning, but wasn't that interested in actually popping the balloons, he just wanted to watch (and point?)
Gail popped the balloon with the clue and revealed the gender to everyone! :) However, besides the fact that the ultrasound paper said "I'm a Boy!" on it, she definitely wasn't sure what she was looking at, which is kind of funny because once you see it it's very obvious, and people either seem to see it right away or not at all. The ultrasound picture is just taken from a weird angle, I *think* from his bottom looking up.
It was all very exciting. Then we opened gifts, and since it was a small shower I could take my time and take every single one out of the box and play with them. Zach got fitted for the baby carrier and modelled the baby bear hoodie towel. He was looking great.
Can we celebrate baby every day?
No comments:
Post a Comment