Saturday, August 29, 2020

Say 'yes' to the ...bump- week 15

 Doglet took a road trip to luray for the weekend to enjoy some stunning views of the Shenandoah mountains and celebrate ma and pa's 2 year wedding anniversary. Ma loves this place. She didn't remember a rain jacket but she did remember to pack her bump outfit. 

The bnb is every bit as nice as it was when we stayed here for our wedding. Once you stay in a gay-operated bnb, you can never go back to anything else. The owners made me some pickles with cucumbers from their garden (I told them I was pregnant before coming to make sure we could do breakfast outside, etc) and it's such a comfortable stay.

So far doglet and I have shared some of the best ribs from the triple crown BBQ, a mint Oreo milkshake, and really good Indian food prepared by a very direct lady at a gas station (you can guess who found that spot).

We also did a hike in Shenandoah with a mix of big stony man, little stony man, and the AT.  Again, because I brought my bump outfit and not my rain jacket, the first hike attempt ended up with us huddled under a pine tree waiting for the mist-turned-rain to let up (I timed it so we got there right at 1 when the rain was supposed to stop, guess I was a little aggressive). We eventually ran back to the car and toweled off. I was half ready to abort the mission, but zach surprised me with his suggestion that we just "huff it out" in the rain.  Either he was feeling adventurous or the current $30 skyline drive entrance fee (wtf) was motivating him. 



Either way, it turned out great because it finally did stop and it was a lot cooler than yesterday which was greatly appreciated. When we got to the top, the fog was moving so fast that at times it was completely obscuring the view below, and then seconds later would open up fleeting glimpses of the valley, which was very cool. Fog is top notch. Later on I realized the hike was a great opportunity for another bump pic:


I don't understand what's happening in my body right now. Mainly just that by the middle of the day my upper abdomen is so bloated, it looks like doglet is sitting above my belly button. My stomach feels like an expanding sausage trying to break free of its casing. 

Regardless, feeling good and doglet is helping us celebrate good memories in style



No comments:

Post a Comment

observations from week 1

Well, birth was insane. But for now I want to jot down a few things from his first week: - Right now we can't really tell who Asa looks ...