Saturday, August 8, 2020

Twilight

 I am going to unabashedly admit that I love the twilight movies. Are they dumb? Yes. Do they make you cringe so much sometimes you laugh? Yes. Is the acting ridiculous? Yes. Does it matter? No. I'm glad we could clear that up. I did try reading the books and couldn't get through them but that is another story. Regardless the amount of vitriol directed at this franchise is probably coming from a bunch of incels.

I rarely watch movies more than once, but I think I have seen the first one 3 times, and the second one 1.5 (once they get to that volturi sh$t at the end I lose interest, those vamps are too serious and weird). I most recently rewatched the first one and half of the second one when I got off the AT to veg out and get some sleep at a hostel in downtown Roanoke before finding my way back on. There was a TV above the bed so I could lay there in a comatose state, eat general tsos chicken, and watch. Great night really.

This is all relevant because I realized I wasn't that big of a fan girl because I hadn't seen the last three. So yesterday I watched the next two and Bella gives birth to a demon baby that is so strong in utero it breaks her back and it grows into a full size baby in just a few weeks time. When Bella gives birth to the baby via c section the baby comes out, gets cleaned, and looks just like a normal baby. Fantastic.

Now I need to watch the fifth movie, although I already read all the plot summaries online before watching them so I knew what I was getting myself into. I can't take this kind of drama in my life right now, and wanted to know if there was any hope for team Jacob (the answer is not really).

My one major complaint of movie 3 is Bella goes up into the mountains to hideout from the bad vamps and camp during a snowstorm wearing jeans, Kedds, and a 3/4 sleeve hoodie and ends up being cold all night. They still could have had her in the proper gear and I can guarantee that still would have been a cold night. But preparation is key Bella, don't be a fool!

Okay that's probably enough on twilight. We'll see how demon baby progresses in the next movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

observations from week 1

Well, birth was insane. But for now I want to jot down a few things from his first week: - Right now we can't really tell who Asa looks ...